Okay, I think 2 months between posts is long enough. :-)
Quite a bit has gone on in those 2 months!! Let me start with what has me back to the blog. Is it because I now magically have an abundance of time? NO! It stems from a great chat I had with Tom Foremski last Wednesday night at the, now famed, crazy late night Syndicate dinner party!
I told him; “I am trying to blog… but, it takes too long, and I have so much to do”. It seems I am expending way much effort on a post, worrying about it being something many people may read (and make me look stupid). Well, Tom, you are right… As no one is reading it, who cares… just post!
So, hello no one! Let me spew (for my own memory, if nothing else) about what has been going on the last bit…
* You Subscribe: RSS 0.95 has released to public preview. – As rough as this public preview is, I am happy to say, we are getting a good number of downloads & it seems to be “doing the job”
* You Subscribe: RSS 0.96 beta is out to some of you. – I am very pleased with how the publishing experience is coming along. I can’t wait to roll out the host of bug fixes and polish points to the rest of the users!
* You Subscribe Online is in beta & synchronization is working wonderfully. – I love giving the demo of reading an article on my Treo & watching Outlook respond by marking as read, or deleting an article. About half of the people I’ve shown this to have a shared reaction. They blink a few times, and then look at me, then say something like; “that is cool”, or “I could use that right now”. Fear not! It is coming soon!!
* Many good discussions at Syndicate last week (made it worth the crazy cost of a room in midtown NY).
- Made Robert Scoble sit through me demoing Synchronization (Sorry about that Robert… I get a bit intense when I talk about what we are working on).
- Had a nice couple chats with Doc Searls, Thanks for the audio of the session i missed!
- Had a nice, if short chat with Dave Panos of Pluck, and Greg Reinacker of Newsgator/Feeddemon (Yes Greg, we do include your blog/feed in our list of easy to subscribe to feeds in You Subscribe: RSS). I’ll say here, what I said there… We should work together, in the area of a shared user experience with Attention.XML!!
Well, i guess that is all for now. I'll try to post again before July. -e